Salary negotiation is probably one of the hardest things you will have to consider about a job offer. Put yourself in a strong position by knowing in advance what is and isn’t negotiable and what you are willing to give up in order to achieve the best outcome for you.
Dos and Don’ts of Salary Negotiation
- Sharpen your Salary Negotiating Skills, Maribeth Gunner, Excelsior Magazine
- Salary Negotiation and Job Offer Tools and Resources, Quintcareers.com
- Benefits Count , National Association of Colleges and Employers
- 6 Things You Need to Figure Out Before you Negotiate Salary, The Muse
- How to Negotiate Salary – 37 Tips You Need to Know, The Muse
- How to Negotiate a Better Offer, The Balance
- Salary Negotiation Guide, Payscale
Resources: Prepare for Salary Negotiation
Payscale’s free salary report allows you to search for an average salary for a particular occupation in your region based on your specialized skills, education, and experience.
- LinkedIn Salary
See a detailed breakdown of salaried by job title and location
- Salary.com/Salary Wizard
Use this site’s Salary Wizard to determine what the average salary is for your current position. You can search by location and occupation. There is also more information on other salary-related topics.
- Salary.com/Cost of Living
Use the Cost of Living Wizard to compare and determine if a geographic move is worth considering.
Global Salary and Cost of Living Data
Search Salaries and Compensation